Monday, 6 May 2013

String bubble craft



I've seen this project a few times but have never tried it. I thought if it worked, though, that these would make a great addition to my boys' Underwater Pirate Paradise bedroom.


Super simple, but super messy - we did this one outside to keep the gluey mess out of the house.




Blow up a bunch of balloons to different sizes. Dip the string (I used brightly coloured craft wool) into white craft glue, then wipe off the excess so it's not too drippy (it will never dry otherwise and leave a cracking, crumbly mess around the wool.) Then simply wrap the wool around the balloon in a random pattern until you're happy with the way it looks. Hang the balloons to dry somewhere that drips don't matter. Once the glue has dried, pop the balloon and carefully remove the balloon bits. String bubbles!


If this craft worked well I was planning to make a million more to hang in the boys' bedroom, but it didn't come out as cleanly as I had hoped, so I'm not sure. I'm simply not the most successful crafter.


You might also like...
A little bit of beach at home
Cheap and cheerful paper puffs
Tissue paper pom-poms, kids room decor

1 comment:

  1. There are certain point in our life that we encounter failure but it doesn't mean you will lose hope and give up everything but it only means that every failure there's an exchange and that is new beginning. Well, thank you for sharing your article and keep on posting. Visit my site too for more information.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete