Monday, 2 September 2013

End of summer...



I'm having a hard time grasping that it's Labour Day already and back-to-school tomorrow. This summer has just flown by, and has been so much fun.

summer, Toronto, slide, kidsI can't believe I was feeling anxious at the end of school last spring about having all my boys at home all day every day - so silly! I should have known how quickly and easily we'd all slip back into the routine of being home together all day, that lazy unscheduled summer routine of breakfast in the living room and jammies til noon and board games and movies and couch cushion forts, or bike riding and playing at the park and visiting the splash pad, or long walks to the pool and the library and through the trails of the arboretum, or hanging out in the backyard blowing bubbles and running through the sprinkler and playing in the sandbox and climbing trees or going on one of a million fun family field trips: Edward's Gardens, the Toronto Zoo, Canada's Wonderland, the CNE, cottaging, camping, and as many splash pads and beaches as we could find.




We've had so much fun this summer and made memories to last a lifetime. The end of this particular summer is a little bittersweet for me; this may well be the last summer that I am officially a full-time at-home mom since next spring may mark my return to part-time work. Even if I do go back, it's only for a few hours a day and I will still have a full month's vacation home with my boys, but this may well have been the last summer where the last day of school marks the start of a seemingly endless string of magical summer days at home that stretches all the way to Labour Day.


kids craft, painting, outdoor activities, summer

I'm simply not ready for this summer to be over.


No comments:

Post a Comment