12oz pkg. carrots
1 1/2 cups veg. oil
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
8oz pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease & flour 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Cook, drain and mash carrots. Add sugar, oil and eggs. Beat well.
3. Mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat into carrot mixture.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes (toothpick inserted in centre should come out clean.)
5. Leave cake in pan to cool on baking rack.
1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl until creamy.
2. Add icing sugar one cup at a time until icing is a spreadable consistency.
3. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake.