One of the best parts of berry picking is using those berries to make tasty berry treats. This year, instead of our traditional strawberry crumble I made a couple of strawberry pies - delicious, melt-in-your-mouth gooey-sweet strawberry pies.
This recipe was one of the easiest I've ever tried.
Strawberry Pie Recipe
2 pre-made pie crusts
3 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup sliced apples
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place one crust in a pie pan.
2. Mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Slice berries and apples and toss gently in sugar mixture.
3. Pour filling into pastry-lined pan and top with dots of butter.
4. Cover with top crust, press edges of pastry and slit top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is browned.