Monday, 12 October 2015

Giving Thanks

For most of the year, much of what I write is devoted to family finance and matters of money: spending, saving, paying down debt and frugal living. We talk about what to spend our money on and how to save on what we spend, we talk about saving for the future, we talk about paying off loans, we talk about wants and needs and choices and priorities as we all try to make sense of our money matters and keep our finances in order.
This weekend, let’s not worry about money or think about what we want but instead focus on what we have and give thanks.
I am thankful for a warm, cozy home and good food on my table and a family to share it with. I'm thankful for this amazing community I live in, for good friends and neighbours and always feeling safe and loved. I'm thankful for my husband and children who make me fall more in love with them every single day.
No matter how many things I have or don’t have, how many things I think I want or need, I have everything in my family. I am lucky, and I am thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you – I hope you have as much to be thankful for this holiday as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment